The Pilates method is a comprehensive exercise system performed on the mat and on equipment developed by Joseph Pilates. The benefits of Pilates training are:
• Elongated lean and defined muscles
• Core Stability and Strength
• Increased Flexibility
• Improved Posture
• Stress relief
• Flatter and firmer abs
• Increased turnout for dancers
• Reduce the risk of injury in athletes and dancers
• Stimulates the mind and elevates the spirit
• Eliminates excess tension and strain on the joints
The Pilates method is suitable for all ages an all body types. Physically you can expect a total change in your body and your energy level will dramatically improve as well. After 10 sessions you will feel different. After 20 sessions you will look different. After 30 sessions you will have a new body.
Two to three pilates sessions a week is a good balance and will help get results. You can incorporate any of the Pilates sessions into that number. You will be pleasantly suprised at how well you begin to feel and look after only a few weeks. Remember that consistency is the key to change.
It is recommended that your first Pilates session is a private session, but not necessary. This will introduce you to the Pilates apparatus; we will be able to assess and evaluate your body’s strengths and weaknesses and find outwhat your goals are. Once you have completed one private session you will be more comfortable with the language and philosophy of Pilates.
Pilates is a completely different type of exercise system. At times you might be asked to work slowly in order for you to feel the movement. Getting in touch and feeling the muscles you’re exercising is very important. If you put the time into your workouts we promise you results.
The Pilates equipment includes: the Reformer, Cadillac/Trapeze Table, Wunda Chair, Spine Corrector, Baby Arc, Magic Circle, and Ladder Barrel.
• Be sure to let teacher know before class if you have any form of injury, or serious illness, or if you are pregnant.
• Please refrain from eating 1 – 1 1/2 hours before class.
• Please do not smoke in the studio.
• Please arrive ten minutes prior to class and check in at reception desk.
• Please turn off your cell phone or pagers when entering class.
• If you have a major therapeutic issue-i.e. actively healing injuries, chronic disease, significant surgeries, etc.- please contact the management prior to enrolling in class.
• If you arrive late or must leave early from a class, please do so quietly.
• Please no chewing gum in class, for your safety
Copyright 2017 - Sauna Lite Theme